Monday, September 28, 2009

Clarification re: Bow & the "Jack"

Oh yeah... It turned out they had only 22 teams, 3 short of an official "Jack" qualifying event. So we're going to have to keep at it next year if we want to go to Lynchburg ourselves!

That's twice this summer we "Just" missed it. But it's our first season, it's an exclusive event and that's what makes it so special.

As it turns out, I HAVE been invited to Lynchburg this October for the Jack Daniel's World Championships. I will beflying in to join Justin Kyllo of North Vancouver's "Smoke and Bones" BBQ Team. I met Justin in April at the Paul Kirk cooking class in Langley. He is a fellow caterer and he WON the Canadian Championships in Whistler this summer. So while I place my own BBQ ambitions on the back burner, we are going to do our best to make Canada proud! We should be hammering out some plans this weekend in Kansas City... You can learn more about Justin here: http://www.smokeandbones.ca/
Be sure to check out his blog, he has embarked on the most amazing BBQ adventure of any Canadian I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment