Wednesday, May 5, 2010

BBQ Class

Interest in real BBQ is growing.... I know it. People are asking questions, people are inquiring about this crazy hobby. TLC's BBQ Pitmasters has opened all sorts of eyes and people want in! Even in the last place you'd expect it - Saskatchewan.

All winter I pondered... wondered if there would be enough interest in a true, Southern-style BBQ class. As Spring approached, I became more conviced to give it a whirl. I started scouting locations and supporters. Then I found out that a friend and fellow competitor was thinking about coming to the land of Flat, and an idea was born. Why not team up? In fact... Brian Misko of House of Q has taught this class before, has tons of experience teaching and presenting 'Q, he's the perfect candidate to lead the class. Hundreds of satisfied students can't be wrong! So lead he will, but make no mistake - 7 years of cooking low 'n slow, combined with a BBQ Competition record that leaves our team with a target on its back going into 2010... I have plenty to say and contribute. And I'm itching to do it! House of Q and Prairie Smoke & Spice are teaming up to bring our combined experience to the people of Regina.

I've always done what I could to get people cooking, to promote this 'alternate lifestyle' if you will... but this is an awesome opportunity to share this passion.

So after a week of opening registration, we have filled the first class of 25 people. A second class will be opened up tomorrow, and there are already a dozen people on the waiting list. This response is phenomenal! We are so excited to spread the word and get people excited about real BBQ! Class information is at www.prairiebbq.com/events.html

No comments:

Post a Comment